Critique Welcomed In The Light

Alessio Brinati

this is the biggest of my three daughters; With the sun now sets late and having the sea in 15 minutes by car, it often happens that just finished the work take you a couple of hours at the beach to play.
I love the sunset, with warm golden tones, which is well suited to the blonde hair; is the only light that I find suitable for portraits, is not as hard as the rest of the day and the shadows are softer.
On this occasion then the light was very very beautiful, golden like a few times I happened to see, so I gave up the sunset and I have dedicated myself to some portraits.
Focus backlit with the EVF Sony was not easy, especially because the photo was taken at full aperture, at F1.7

This is the Zeiss Planar 50 1.7 T * (C / Y) - I have often thought of replacing it with the new sony fe 55 1.8 for the AF , but it would be really the only advantage (with their wallets considerably lighter)

18399680991_1596d2aee3_c.jpg

Last edited:
A fine portrait and you set the focus right.
I'm using the Sony A7 as well, and also in the combination with Zeiss (C/Y) and Voigtländer lenses. I like the manual focussing, although AF would be sometimes helpful. So, it slows down a bit.

A wondeful light, pretty daughter and the way the bacground is chosen, everything leads to her face. A very soft and warm light in the glow of love. Well that's how I interprete it.

Excellent image Alessio, it comes across as not too staged and when the sun backed images come of they are usually superb like this one.
I have the same lens, in the uk I believe they came as a kit lens on the film Contax 35mm cameras, from which I got it. I have ignored it somewhat, only having an adapter for the m4/3, on those cropped camera's you lose some magic from all 35mm lenses.
I purchased a sony nex 5n when they came out and sadly I found it the most horrible camera to use, very slow and awkward to hold, so have never used it other than for the occasional video of my two daughters. So it has put me off Sony camera's, but I still see them as a ideal size for a 35mm sensor, and as your images on your site's show a very capable camera, not often seen on this site, I do miss using full frame but the one I have is to heaving to lug around now. .

Back