Interesting find

John Allen

It quickly became apparent that I would need a scanner if I wanted to get back into film on any kind of regular basis, so I bought an Epson V600. Since I've got a decent scanner, I decided to scan some old photos. I was taking my father's graduation photo out of a frame when I came on a hidden treasure. My parents were antique dealers for a while and the frame was one they probably picked up at an auction. It looks like my mother left the original behind my father's photo. I can't decide if it is a photographic print or some other kind of print. It has a very soft texture on the front and a dot pattern instead of grain. The back looks like it might be photo paper, but I suspect it is a lithograph. I didn't make any adjustments to the scan other than a bit of spot removal. Maybe one of you will know what it is when you see it.

img028-1.jpg

Here's a closeup that has been color adjusted.
img028-2.jpg

This was probably made with offset lithography.

I thought that was picture of your mum for a minute! Nice find. I've no idea about the technicalities.
I'm old, but not quite that old. :) Here's one of my mother from 1944 or 45. She is holding my older brother who was born in Feb. '44.
img049.jpg

Back