Its Arrived, Its Arrived, Its Arrived

Thank you Darren. I too have had a couple of refurbs off them, the original silver X100 included, and they have all been as new bar the price.

the price is amazing from fuji refurb, great quality, great condition, approx £450 cheaper than new with full 12 month warranty and free case rrp £159.00 cant complain one bit :p

I hope so Beth, heard many reccomendations for that lens being the one to have if you only have one lens for that camera to start with.
Daz

Out of curiosity, I ran a spreadsheet on lens usage since getting all three lenses.

• 18mm—28%
  • 35mm—33%
  • 60mm—39%

In all pretty even. It will probably vary a bit over time, but not by a whole lot. The 35mm is by far the most spectacular fast lens I have ever used, when shot wide open. Stopping down any of them 1.0-2.0EV takes them to their optimum performance, though the difference is not all that visible. I trust all three totally at any aperture I would use. It is the classic photojournalist's kit and that is pretty much the way I shoot.

When I first got all three, I did a low light test in a classroom with half the lights turned off. I wanted to evaluate the results at high-ISO, wide apertures, and the ability of the camera and lenses to capture emotions and expressions as a decisive-moment camera. A winner in all three.

The camera proved to be invisible, allowing me to shoot life as it is lived, not as it is posed. I used a half-press in all cases to pre-focus, and focus was accurate to the point of choosing which nose-hair will be the sharpest. ;) With pre-focus, the response felt instantaneous, and I had no problem at all catching the moment I wanted. I include all exposure EXIF data.

AmiCUE on X-Pro1

For candid people-photography, I can not imagine a better camera.

cheers for that info Larry, very interesting.

I seem to get more confidence taking photos in the street and of people candid style with my baby x10 than i do with Canon 7D & 24-70 lens as its far less noticeable & people generally ignore you even if they do see the camera So i am hoping that with the X Pro1 proves to to continue with this and hopefully better quality & control

Daz

Apparently its arrived :D

Have I missed something? :confused:

my new camera Pete lol

well i finally got the call, my lens has been dispatched & will be here before 1pm Monday, i sooooooooooooooooo cant wait, hopefully i am allowed to grab a few shots before it goes to santa :)

I could have got the lens from calumet the same day i got the cam 2 weeks back as they had the lens in stock at about £489, but cos i am tight sod, i used a little camera shop in Bolton near my home town as there price for same lens was £419, but i had to wait for it, never mind i wasn't in any rush & saved £60 :)

Daz

doesn't apply to fuji refubed cameras Beth unfortunately :-( but defo handy to know for others who may buy new

Back