Joe Sartore

While following one of Brian's links to the NPR Picture Show I can across this photographer. Wonderful stuff and a man definitely on a mission.

Joel Sartore

ANI064-00009.jpg

Thanks for linking that Pete. I haven't had a chance to look too deeply into Mr. Sartore's website yet but its clear from a cursory glance that he's got some brialliant images. That one wi' the dug wi' the biscuit on its nose is an absolute cracker! (nae pun intended.;)) Thanks again, Pete.

Spotting this old thread, I thought I might add something here:
Early last year, I decided that I would try to forget everything that I thought I knew about photography and start all over again from first principles. That was an excercise that I am now extremely glad I did, because I believe I am a far better photographer than I was back then (still with a long way to go though!)

Anyway, I mentioned this to a work colleague who has an interest too and he mentioned that he had some photography DVDs produced by National Geographic magazine which were sold as lectures. John loaned them to me and they proved to be superb. The first set, which covers the basic and beyond, consisted of lectures by Joel Sartore and he entertained and educated me extremely well for hours and hours. Thoroughly recommended and he has a great attitude to conserving the natural world.

Back