Joey

Darren Turner

XProPhotographer
Joey Essex by Darren Turner, on Flickr

what a mad few days, we had large party booked in at the hotel for lunch, got told a few hours prior Joey Essex was coming and it was a film crew who were making the program on uk tv called educating joey. They was going to film up cader idris ( mountain here in snowdonia ) but when the arrived joey wasn't to well so they made different plans in a remote local farmers field to do a mock up camping scenario. They hired a room for tons of photo & filming gear like 30+ big pelican cases but was not coming back till morning as they were filming all night, when they would have breakfast & collect the gear then leave

2am i was awaken by noises outside, i went to the window to see someone staring back at me........we are very rural as this is rare to hear anything after dark, he had 3 marines as body guards / security & guides while out filming they had brought him back with the shows producer as he was unwell and needed a comfortable room with bathroom, as i was the only one up i made sure he was ok & settled into his room it was kinda surreal occurrence really

This morning after breakfast i spent a good hour chatting to him, he may not be the brightest button in the box as you would know if you have seen him on TV but in reality hes a really nice guy, very apologetic for any trouble he may have caused, genuine down to earth and very appreciative of how we looked after him and kept his privacy during his stay, but more importantly he let me grab a few quick snaps :)

ps his dress sense leaves a lot to be desired :)

DSCF8028.jpg NIK_3052.jpg

Daz

hahahah

well just to start with

Joey Don Essex (born 29 July 1990) is an English television personality and DJ for Sugar Hut, a nightclub in Brentwood, England. He rose to fame in 2011 after appearing in the ITV2 television series The Only Way Is Essex. In 2013, Essex left the show, although his sister Frankie and cousin Chloe remain on it. In 2013, Joey took part in the first series of the celebrity diving show Splash! He also took part in the thirteenth series series of I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, where he finished in fourth place.

Never heard of him either Darren:) and I'm a celebrity (get me out of here). Never heard of his cousin Chloe either;).
Nice portrait though. Perhaps having the background a little out of focus would help here.

As a Norseman, I should say nothing about the young man, but your portrait of him is good. More interested to know where your hotel is though;). Sorry see it now. Wales then it'll be!

Back