Critique Welcomed Josh Wilson Road

Brian Moore

I don't know who Josh Wilson is or was but this is a section of a road named after him. (Perhaps he is or was a local farmer, since roads round these parts are sometimes named for a person or family who live nearby.) This is in the Skagit Valley of Washington State, USA.

As you can see in the photo there were no cars to the front of me and I can tell you the same condition existed behind me so I felt comfortable stopping in the road and composing this photo through the car's windscreen. The windscreen imparted a somewhat bluish tone to the color version so I converted it to B&W which I think works better.

Sigma Quattro SD with Sigma 30/1.4.

I like it a lot, Brian. There's something of a dialogue of curiosity between the trees on the right and the tress which are holding wires on the left. The latter seem proud of their job, while the former display of a mixture of "not sure", "horror" and envy. Meanwhile, the road goes on forever.

I love images that stimulate my imagination. Chapeau!

I like it a lot, Brian. There's something of a dialogue of curiosity between the trees on the right and the tress which are holding wires on the left. The latter seem proud of their job, while the former display of a mixture of "not sure", "horror" and envy. Meanwhile, the road goes on forever.

I love images that stimulate my imagination. Chapeau!
I love your "take" on this Rob. I can see it! :)

Very clear considering the windscreen Brian. Reminds me of the old Jerry Bruckheimer films logo. Being a UK stranded resident, it's these scenes that are quintessential America dreaming, all the vastness and possibilities.

I can't help but get lost in the media influence of my youth and think possibilities.

A very nice shot.

Very clear considering the windscreen Brian. Reminds me of the old Jerry Bruckheimer films logo. Being a UK stranded resident, it's these scenes that are quintessential America dreaming, all the vastness and possibilities.

I can't help but get lost in the media influence of my youth and think possibilities.

A very nice shot.
Thanks a lot, Wes. I can see the Jerry Bruckheimer road in it too, now that you mention it. There is certainly a vastness about this country. I've been to quite a few places in it but I feel I have only scratched the surface. Thanks for your comments.

A thought provoking image. What I see is a journey though time, from the clearly defined now into the as yet undefined distant future.
And that's exactly what it was as I had never been along that road. lol. Seriously thanks Dave. I appreciate your interpretation.

Back