July 4, Bolsa Chica State Beach

Brian Moore

Each year on the evening of July 4 we go to Bolsa Chica State Beach and, along with several thousand of our closest friends, watch the fireworks that go up off Huntington Beach Pier, some 2-3 miles away.

Canon Canonete QL17 and Kodak Gold 800 film. Hand held (as you can undoubtedly tell).

I like this a lot, Brian. The blurriness, the angle not showing the light source and the people looking that way gives a "close encounter mystery" feel. :)

I like this a lot, Brian. The blurriness, the angle not showing the light source and the people looking that way gives a "close encounter mystery" feel. :)
Thanks a lot, Nihat. It seemed to hold a nice mystery aspect for me too when I saw the neg for the 1st time this evening. Thanks again, Nihat!

Lush, I like this Brian. It's got a real feel to it.... Not sure if I'm putting my point across there right, but I like it! :)

And another shot oozing with wonderful unfocusness and glowy, rich, Kodachrome-meets-cross-process colours! Lovely. :)

Thanks Pete. This Kodak 800 emulsion does indeed give nice colors.

- - - Updated - - -

Lush, I like this Brian. It's got a real feel to it.... Not sure if I'm putting my point across there right, but I like it! :)

Lush,...? Naw, that's no me, Dan. Wino yes,...but lush,...I dinnae think so laddie. ;)

Seriously, thanks Dan. I think you got your point across quite clearly.:)

Back