Kicking Around On A Piece Of Ground In Your Home Town

Waiting for someone or something to show you the way, no doubt ;-)

Lovely feel to this one Brian - I like the way the empty lot dominates the foreground

Love this and it looks anything but American. More like those atmospheric and bleak images we often see from Eastern Europe or the Middle East eve.
It's the completely empty space and the lack of colour saturation that gives it that eerie silent mood.

Love this and it looks anything but American. More like those atmospheric and bleak images we often see from Eastern Europe or the Middle East eve.
It's the completely empty space and the lack of colour saturation that gives it that eerie silent mood.
Thanks, Tom. Much appreciated.

Were you inspired by Stephen Shore in taking this shot, Brian?
No Paul I wasn't. I know that for a fact because I hadn't heard of Stephen Shore until I saw your post. I Googled him before making this response and I can see why you ask. From what I have briefly seen of his work I like it very much. Thank you.

To be honest, I was on a walk and saw the person on the other side of the wasteland and I shot the image through a gap in a chain-link fence. When I saw the processed image I was inspired to post it by the work of our own @Steve Boykin, whose images of rural Texas are very impressive.

Back