Critique Welcomed KT Tunstall

Brian Moore

Last October my wife and I saw KT Tunstall in concert at the Fonda Theater in Hollywood. We've been fans of KT for years and so it was a delight to see her perform live. And what a show she put on! She is a very talented lady.

Then in December we learned that a local radio station was sponsering a free KT Tunstall concert in Pasadena. We went,...and another great show it was.

Before the concert I wandered around with my camera (a Canon M2 with EOS M 20mm prime) and I took up a position to the side of the stage that I thought to be a likely place for KT to pass by. After a few minutes I saw her, waiting to come on, and I approached. However my progress was checked by a couple of well dressed guardsmen. I got an out of focus picture.

By way of sign language (pointing to my camera and raising my eyebrows) I asked KT if I could get another picture. She motioned for me to come forward and I snapped the 2nd picture. Thereupon commenced a brief conversation, two Scots sharing an accent and a space 6,000 miles from home. She was charming.

Guarded

Unguarded

Slow Song

Faster Number

It is so good when a performer you admire is as charming as you hope they are. Saw her a couple of years ago, she was the special guest at one of Jools Holland's shows.

That is a great set of pictures, the minders look suitably menacing (I guess that's their job). She looks very warm and friendly, love the trees behind the stage.

It is so good when a performer you admire is as charming as you hope they are. Saw her a couple of years ago, she was the special guest at one of Jools Holland's shows.

That is a great set of pictures, the minders look suitably menacing (I guess that's their job). She looks very warm and friendly, love the trees behind the stage.
Thanks Dave. I believe it was a guest gig on Jools Holland's show that brought her wide attention.

Haha, good stuff, Brian. The security guys remind me of that epic song by a group called Half Man Half Biscuit: "Everybody's Doing The Len Ganley Stance". Len was a referee at the snooker on TV, who stood discreetly to the side, in a posture very like these gentlemen.

As for KT, I can't say I'm a huge fan, but she's no bad.

Back