Ladies and Gentlemen...

Chris Bennett

Ladies and gentlemen, is there a jazzman in the house?

52436821447_f5e7f3815c_b.jpg

EOS 30 / EF 85mm f/1.8 / Kodak Vision 3 500T developed in C41

Fun shot. He is definitely from a marching band, judging by that very elegant music-score holder, top-right of his sax as we look at it.

Are you in his sunglasses’ reflection? That would make it an elaborate selfie!

Ha - no I don't think I am, Rob, or if so, I am lost in the grain somewhere.
This was the melee following a street performance of a band at the local jazz festival. All good fun.

What a great shot! You do have a gift for spotting a picture that I am sure most would miss.

I am reminded of a night at the Camden Music Machine, back around 1980. A member of a support band,
the name escapes me, attempted to play a saxophone, but it sounded dreadful. A heckler shouted from the
crowd: "Is there a saxophonist in the house".

And the band in question, Dave was Blurt (supporting Ian Dury and the Blockheads). Chris may be able to give the date as I think he was there. Blurt are still going by the way and I have at least one of their albums.

Now, about that picture! A damn fine shot, Chris. Crop it square and you have an album cover!

And the band in question, Dave was Blurt (supporting Ian Dury and the Blockheads). Chris may be able to give the date as I think he was there. Blurt are still going by the way and I have at least one of their albums.

Now, about that picture! A damn fine shot, Chris. Crop it square and you have an album cover!

That heckle must be popular then, I never saw Ian Dury.

Why do I get second billing to that scoundrel, Askew? I ask you! He doesn’t know a tritone sub from an augmented 13! Cheek! :mad::D
I know the difference:

A tritone sub is what the yellow submarine became after the Beatles saw a guru and consumed huge amounts of weed.
An augmented 13 is an attack droid from Blade Runner.

As for my attempts to learn to play the guitar, the less said the better.

Back