Lightroom Preset Query

Douglas McMann

I'm wondering if any Lightroom Boffins out there could answer me something...

Assuming I have an image which I want to apply a Preset to...

I apply said Preset, don't really like what I see and rather than "undo" I apply another, different Preset...

Does Lightroom apply the second Preset, keeping the adjustments made by the first, or does it first revert to the original image before making any changes...???

If this is a ridiculous "schoolboy error" question, please feel free to mock...!

Dougie.

A preset should replace the previous one as it a recipe of where the sliders are. I assume you know you can make virtual copies of an image Control + ' or Command + ' and then try out various presents or create copy with those presents and then tweak them.

lightroom does not revert to the original image. if sliders a, b and c are used in both presents then yes, the first preset will be completely overwritten. if preset one uses sliders a, b and c, but preset 2 uses sliders a, b and d then slider c will retain the changes made from the first preset. it can make a difference in the final image. your best bet is to undo any unwanted presets before moving forward.

Thanks Pete & Beth...

What you say Beth is what I was thinking would be the case, but I just couldn't figure it out...makes perfect sense really...

Back