Light meter app

Your experience may be different, though.
I wouldn't describe myself as a nervous wreck - apprehensive maybe. I have actually done this before, albeit with Kodak chemistry. I'll be using the Cinestill Df96 monobath and of course, I'll be doing it for the first time in a "new" space. I'm more nervous that I didn't get the M3 loaded correctly since the last roll out of the Barnack was blank...

Well, it seems that despite loading both Leicas just fine for my first rolls, both of the last 2 rolls weren't loaded correctly. In any case, I've now been through the development process again and I know that works... just that a roll not loaded into the camera won't yield anything useful. Maybe I'll shoot the next roll through the QL Canon FTb.

I am interested to hear how you get on with the lightmeter app. I have an android phone and there are a number of lightmeter apps, but....having used the same app on 3 different phones (Samsung, Xiaomi and Nokia 7+) and each gave vastly different readings, i have doubts. Having had that experience I doubt the veracity of lightmeter apps on phones - at least of the Android persuasion. I'll stick with my trusty Gossen Mastersix when using a camera without metering (or in a pinch I'll use my Hanimex PR-45 from 1966, which, surprisingly, is still accurate!)

I am interested to hear how you get on with the lightmeter app.
Hi Bill, I've given up on trying to handle both a phone and camera at the same time hence the move to the shoe-mount meter (which I find to be much easy to deal with).

Back