Local eatery

Paul Taylor

A place I eat at one or two times a week is quite photogenic.

53803088589_4d40567a18_h.jpg

Contax RX w/ Contax/Ziess 28-80 3.3 & Cinestill 800T

Did you have any trouble getting a reservation? ;)

Anyway, the 800T is Tungsten film I think. Those blue tones are from that I'd guess. Did you adjust white balance in Lr or some other program to arrive at this color palate?

Did you have any trouble getting a reservation? ;)

Anyway, the 800T is Tungsten film I think. Those blue tones are from that I'd guess. Did you adjust white balance in Lr or some other program to arrive at this color palate?

I always get there a few before they open as it gets busy.

It seems to attract some pretty annoying clientele - which is a bit odd since it is not a particularly cheap place to eat, and it is a place that is very conscientious of quality ingredients and options. I get there before all the "Mom social club" tables get there with 3 or 5 people trying to talk over a bunch of barely wrangled obnoxious children being parented by loud devices or the groups of sales people show up with never-ending annoying cell phones and over-compensating behaviors to get their thirteen cents in commissions.

Luckily they only have two TVs in the bar area and they don't seem to show sporting events on them, so obnoxious sports fans don't frequent. I stopped going to another place I frequented because it would be nice and relaxed - then some sportsballaholic would sit at the bar and start clapping, yelling, and banging on the counter nonstop at some game that happened last month in a desperate bid to make everyone aware of their fandom.

Man, that really makes me sound antisocial. Lol.

Nope, didn't tweak anything. It was converted with Negative Lab pro - no changes made to the color.

Last edited:
I stopped going to another place I frequented because it would be nice and relaxed - then some sportsballaholic would sit at the bar and start clapping, yelling, and banging on the counter nonstop at some game that happened last month in a desperate bid to make everyone aware of their fandom.

Man, that really makes me sound antisocial. Lol.
i'm right there with you. that is the most annoying thing in a restaurant. that and people that let their small kids run wild (i mean run wild, the ones that stay in the high chair are fine). or watch stuff/facetime on their phone in a restaurant with the sound on high.

i'm right there with you. that is the most annoying thing in a restaurant. that and people that let their small kids run wild (i mean run wild, the ones that stay in the high chair are fine). or watch stuff/facetime on their phone in a restaurant with the sound on high.

Between that and people yelling into their phones on speakerphones it makes me want to build a localized cell signal jammer everywhere I go lol. People have lost their ability to exercise common courtesy and consideration when it comes to phones/tablets.

Back