Local estate from 60s

I think it's great that you got a picture of it before the reconstruction, Aldous. Your photo may become part of the historical record at some time in the future. Very cool!

One of the oldest estate in Hong Kong, but most people has moved out last week as the whole place will reconstruction

It is a nice thing that this forum has correspondents from all over the globe, not only because you can get a glimpse of a faraway country with your/their own eyes, but above all because it puts you in touch with different points of view.
Your photo could actually have been taken in my country, Italy. The underlying history anywhere in the world is understood because everywhere there are neighbourhoods that are razed to the ground to make room for greater interests that usually go over people's heads.
As Brian said, it is a good thing to document and leave a memory for posterity. In my own small way, that is what I try to do in my city too.

A fascinating shot, Aldous. The scene is so eerily quiet and yet I would imagine not so long ago it would have been teeming with life.
As Brian and Gianluca have said it is a valuable historical document. It's so important to record our rapidly changing environment.

It is a nice thing that this forum has correspondents from all over the globe, not only because you can get a glimpse of a faraway country with your/their own eyes, but above all because it puts you in touch with different points of view.
Your photo could actually have been taken in my country, Italy. The underlying history anywhere in the world is understood because everywhere there are neighbourhoods that are razed to the ground to make room for greater interests that usually go over people's heads.
As Brian said, it is a good thing to document and leave a memory for posterity. In my own small way, that is what I try to do in my city too.
Appreciated your comments and I will be posting few more shots in few days

I second that, whole heartedly.

Back