Macro Mix 1

Ali Campbell

Heres another selection of recent shots. All are taken with the MPe-65 Macro Lens, MT24ex Twin Flash, 550D and Handheld. Appeature will be either f11 or f13, ISO100 and 1/200.

Thinking of offering tuition days in macro photography, your thoughts would be appreciated on wether this would be of interest to people.

Enjoy.

Orange Tip by Abovelifesize, on Flickr

Cannon Ball by Abovelifesize, on Flickr

Large Red Damselfly by Abovelifesize, on Flickr

Dance Fly by Abovelifesize, on Flickr

Large Red Damsel by Abovelifesize, on Flickr

Wet Damsel Portrait by Abovelifesize, on Flickr

Solitary Mining Bee? by Abovelifesize, on Flickr

It's a wow from me too. Silly thought, but ants invade our kitchen every summer and I won't have them harmed. I found a load this evening drinking the remainder of the soya milk from my breakfast. Circled around the bowl, they looked for all the world like animals from Africa round a water hole. Tap the bowl and they all make their way back down the wall again. Wonderful creatures! :)

I commented on your photos - most of these - on flickr already. But I have to say again: they are so very good! Thanks for showing!

Brilliant photos...
If people thought they could end up with photos like this after a days tutition, I don't think there'd be too much of a shortage of takers.

BTW I think you put one in upside down...:)

absolutely stunning shots.........!!! love them all, so clear & crisp........!!

little warning might have been nice, just gonna avoid all macro from now on

Oh dear ... Davie got but by bugs again :/

I think you should offer some sort of training matey!
Have you looked into it before?
The only issue I guess would be finding people close enough or I suppose keen enough to travel!
How much interest do you get else where on the Internet?

What about making an ebook?

LOL ok Hamish will do. Dont want to make peoples phobias worse :)

I have been toying with the idea for awhile but more seriously this year. I get alot of interest from all the places i post and am regularly contacted by people asking for advice and tips, not just on the photography side but also the PP side of things. Im just unsure how to go about setting it up. I have taken people out before but never been paid for it.

I will probably put together a coffe table type book later in the year. Ive also been thinking about a possible mobile app (think we briefly discussed it awhile ago)

Yeah a lot of this rings a bell!
Anything I can do to help, I'm more than happy to!

One of our members (Paul) has made a couple of Ebooks ... If you post a thread I'm site he would advise!
If you want to get it printed I guess it might be different, but I could ask Joe at work he has done a huge amount of work for print!
Your more than welcome to pop into the office and have a chat with him about it ... Website too ...

Wow!!! Speechless, just completely speechless...

LOL ok Hamish will do. Dont want to make peoples phobias worse :)

I have been toying with the idea for awhile but more seriously this year. I get alot of interest from all the places i post and am regularly contacted by people asking for advice and tips, not just on the photography side but also the PP side of things. Im just unsure how to go about setting it up. I have taken people out before but never been paid for it.

I will probably put together a coffe table type book later in the year. Ive also been thinking about a possible mobile app (think we briefly discussed it awhile ago)

I'm doing this on my phone so I can't see the pictures lol, I appreciate the skill involved Ali and from what I saw before I freaked out it is a brilliant skill you have :)

Just, wonderful!

Absolutely stunning close ups.
Oh to be this good at macro:eek:.

Back