Critique Welcomed Meg at Ebey's Landing

Brian Moore

Ebey's Landing is a National Historic Reserve in central Whidbey Island, Washington state. My daughter Meg and I went there for a short hike on Tuesday afternoon and I snapped this image of her as she struck a cheeky pose.

Infrared image with Sigma Quattro Sd, Sigma 30/1.4 and Hoya R72 filter.

Thanks Pete. Yeah I realized I was using the word "portrait" rather liberally for this image. Appreciate your comments as (almost:p) always.

Arms akimbo is a strong pose, not seen enough these days :) The landscape image is stunning, but I don’t think poor Meg adds much to it, I’m afraid Brian. Sorry! But I do love the glow of the whole. You’ve convinced me the infrared technique can be very interesting.

Arms akimbo is a strong pose, not seen enough these days :) The landscape image is stunning, but I don’t think poor Meg adds much to it, I’m afraid Brian. Sorry! But I do love the glow of the whole. You’ve convinced me the infrared technique can be very interesting.
Rob if she hadn't been standing there I wouldn't have taken the fotie! Anyway, thanks.

Just to be awkward, I think Meg does add to the fine image. I am reminded of old adverts extolling the virtues of an healthy outdoor lifestyle.

Back