Critique Welcomed Midgley Bridgely

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
10658634755_88f1504ea7_c.jpg

X-Pro1 and 14mm Lens

Midgley Bridgely spans a tributary of Oak Creek Canyon nr Sedona AZ - carrying Highway 89A - it was built in 1939.

The view down the canyon from the same spot looks stunning with the onset of fall color

10658659766_df25a685f0_c.jpg

X-Pro1 and 55-200mm Lens with CPL

Wonderful shots Chris. That bridge is something else. You got some impressive detail and depth. Of course ya got to love the colors in the canyon is splendid. Nice work all around.

Wonderful shots Chris. That bridge is something else. You got some impressive detail and depth. Of course ya got to love the colors in the canyon is splendid. Nice work all around.
Thanks Glenn - the 14mm Lens I used for the bridge is 'wicked sharp' as they'd say in your hood :D

Ah...Mechano...when I was seven, the first day of the school summer holiday I hurt my knee, and it swelled up like a ballon. I was out of action for the entire six weeks of the holiday. I was so miserable, my parents bought me a mechano set. By the end of the six weeks I could have whipped you up a bridge like that, Chris, in five minutes flat. Of course, it would have had bent bits and twisted bits, but it would be interesting to photograph :)

Lovely shots, Chris.

Two super shots Chris - it looks an impressive structure!

Aha, someone got Mechano for Xmas I see! ;)

Lovely lines as usual Chris and I like the mic of colours in the second.
Thanks Pete - loved Meccano as a kid - still have my Meccano screw driver somewhere!

Ah...Mechano...when I was seven, the first day of the school summer holiday I hurt my knee, and it swelled up like a ballon. I was out of action for the entire six weeks of the holiday. I was so miserable, my parents bought me a mechano set. By the end of the six weeks I could have whipped you up a bridge like that, Chris, in five minutes flat. Of course, it would have had bent bits and twisted bits, but it would be interesting to photograph :)

Lovely shots, Chris.
Thanks Rob :)

Great mix of hard lines in the natural landscape :)
Thanks Mark - it's an interesting contrast isn't it - manmade structure in a natural red rock landscape

Love it Chris, crisp/sharp photo's, that X-Pro1 is an amazing thing!

"Dear Santa, please can I have one........?"
Thanks Peter - it is indeed a wonderful tool - especially with that new 2 lenses free offer from Fuji! ;)

Back