Critique Welcomed Mississippi magnolia

John Allen

The electric company office was just around the corner from me when I lived in Olive Branch, Mississippi. It was on Cockrum Road near the Piggly Wiggly. No reason at all for telling you that, except that it was fun to write. :) I usually waited until the last minute to pay the bill, so I had to go there almost every month. They have three really large Magnolia trees in front of the office. When first open, the blossoms are the size of small to medium size cabbages. I started photographing them when the blossoms were still tightly closed and continued until they were almost all gone. This is one of the best of the lot.

Olympus SP550UZ | f/2.8, 1/25, ISO 100

Thank you, Rob. I've always loved the green in these magnolia shots.

And it is gorgeous. The tones etc capture the texture perfectly I think. And who couldn't resist a paragraph that included Olive Branch, Cockrum Road and Piggly Wiggly!

By the way, I zapped that scanner thread for you.
Thanks, Pete. For the compliment and for the zap. I thought about trying to work in Pigeon Roost Rd, the name of the road that runs past City Hall where I paid my water bill, but decide that was a bit too much.

Back