More archived images from the 1940's

John Allen

Still scanning old photos saved by my parents. I keep making interesting discoveries. This time, it's more of a puzzle. I found an old envelope from a photo shop that had several square negatives. They are close to 6x6 and could be 120 film. However, the package is marked "1/2 116", which puzzles me, because I don't know of a camera that shot that format. There are 12 negatives marked "Kodak Safety Film". The exposed portion of the negatives is exactly 2.25 inches (Most of the images are from 1948, but it looks like the roll wasn't finished until Christmas 1952. I know 116 and 616 were Kodak film sizes, but I'm having a difficult time figuring out what camera might have been used. All of that, of course, is irrelevant. What matters is that I now have a copy of the negatives. My beautiful countenance is saved for future generations to worship and adore.

My grandmother Myrtle Allen, me @ ~15 months, Blackie the dog, my Aunt Helen.
img120.jpg

I like the image very much and you particularly you as a toddler. I kind of feel that you are still toddling a bit at times.:D But it is a very good image and your scanning is excellent.

Back