More Frog Spawn

Lesley Jones

Otherwise know as Zooey
I'm surprised my husband hasn't grumbled about me keeping these little things in the utility room all week. After the last photo shoot I left them there in the fruit bowl and the fruit has been relegated to one of the chicken's bowls. I'm fascinated by them. The colours are incredible and they look totally different when they are in or out of the water. They bounce too!

I had moved them into a glass vase the other morning while we were cleaning the ferret room. I didn't really have my thinking cap on and my original idea was never going to work. Checking on the washing machine later, I spotted the lovely wavy lines where the beads met the water and I rushed them into the bathroom where the morning light was almost gone. The lens didn't want to focus on all that jelly, but I finally managed to get a few shots before the light was gone... :)

Water%20Beads4.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers both! @Pete Askew - I'll go back and look at your crop today and no doubt you are right. It's just that I don't have any kind of close up lens so I've already had to trim away the window and the edges of the vase. This is actually just in the neck section, so a small area for a kit zoom. You're right though - I won't lose anything by making it square :)

Back