My first MF results

Dan Cattermole

Dan Down - The Steampunk Womble
I picked up a few MF cameras from a lady in a nice historic village shop in Painswick, Gloucestershire. Last week I had the delight to meet up with James Greenoff who works in LCE Worcester in the weekends to get involved with the process of deving my first two rolls of three of MF, (thanks to @Pete Askew for the kind donations of some HP5 and Delta100.
The fist two processed are HP5. Can't wait for the Delta ;)

Anyway, I have noticed that as I am a bit of a novice with MF, I did have the tendency to forget to wind to the next shot once one was taken in perpetration, thus resulting in more than a few double exposures. Some may debate that it 'adds to the effect', but on this occasion I'd of love to have seen single exposures..... But I guess the excitement got the better of me.

Here are a few shots taken, everything was taken without the use of a light meter and purely exposed with knowledge.
Would love to know what everything thinks.... Go easy yeah?! ;):)

Micky... And a double exposure of my Millie. :/

by DanCatt, on Flickr

Grandad.

by DanCatt, on Flickr

Upton Snodbury church

by DanCatt, on Flickr

Swans on the Severn, Slightly out of focus....

by DanCatt, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Ha, I've done a few quadruple exposures myself in the past - it's so easy to forget to wind on. Almost all of them were rubbish (edit: my photos, not yours!).

I like the quality of the double exp in the first. This time it does seem to add something.

Grandad is damned near perfect, I'd say. The softness of the lens is kind on the old chap. It was in danger from being over exposed, but looks OK to me.

The ground shot of the church kind of works, but I'm not sure that nearly half of the image should be oof. It could help lead the eye towards the door, but I find it a little distracting. The hedge around the door was doing the eye-leading job anyway. So, not sure.

Swans - a really difficult one to expose perfectly. You did OK with that. Shame it's oof.

Overall a very good first batch, I'd say.

Ha, I've done a few quadruple exposures myself in the past - it's so easy to forget to wind on. Almost all of them were rubbish (edit: my photos, not yours!).

I like the quality of the double exp in the first. This time it does seem to add something.

Grandad is damned near perfect, I'd say. The softness of the lens is kind on the old chap. It was in danger from being over exposed, but looks OK to me.

The ground shot of the church kind of works, but I'm not sure that nearly half of the image should be oof. It could help lead the eye towards the door, but I find it a little distracting. The hedge around the door was doing the eye-leading job anyway. So, not sure.

Swans - a really difficult one to expose perfectly. You did OK with that. Shame it's oof.

Overall a very good first batch, I'd say.
Thanks Rob... Much appreciated. :)

Back