my glass i was at: John's Philly Grille

Brian Moore

Memories200014.jpg

Huntington Beach, California.

Having just concluded a delightful afternoon of exploration at Crystal Cove with Sadie, my daughter Meg and I settled into a pair of luxurious seats in the patio at John's Philly Grille and prepared to dine on what turned out to be a very fine philly cheesesteak sandwich.

Sadie settled under the table and devoured the odd meaty scrap that rained down (with uncommon frequency).

The wait staff were friendly and offered Sadie a bowl of water. Good people!

I used my Vivitar PN2011 with flipped lens and "Memories" brand (actually Fuji) 200 ASA film.

Thanks Hamish.

On this film ... Is it proven to be Fuji?

No,...but it looks just like it with the red/green stripe motif along where the sprocket holes are. Also it's made in Japan.

I'm always intrigued by these things ...
If you think to at some point would you take a photo of a neg side by side with a Fuji neg ... It would make for an interesting article! Maybe with price comparison and shot comparison with a roll of cheaper Fuji film ... "is memories film really Fuji" somthing like that? You know what I mean? :)
No pressure, you don't have to do it of course ... :)

So one day I thought,...I wonder if the 99 cent store sells film? If so, I reasoned, it can't be more than 99 cents a roll. I was thinking I might find expired Kodak or Fuji film. I pulled my hoody over my head to conceal my identity and dived in. That's how and where I discovered "Memories" brand film. My local place has tons of it. Most of it is not yet expired. It's great if you want to test a camera before putting something that you paid more money for in it. Also, it's great for the flipped lens Vivitar or the pinhole Vivitar.

I think a visual comparison of a Fuji neg against a Memories as well as a Walgreens (also Fuji) and a CVS (I think also Fuji, although I've not purchased any yet) would be good.

We have 'pound land' ive never thought to see if they do film...
I dnt mind going in there... its cheap ... cheap is good
You do see some interesting types, the sort who tend to walk around with their mouths open ... Kev will tell you about them, there are a lot of them in pershore!
(im drinking spar wine again
Spar is a cheap "mini mart" type affair for those not familiar)

can i say this sort of thing... im not sure i can... Im not really this mean, i just have a bad sense of humor when i drink cheap wine :)

You need a real German Aldi - 1.49 Euros for a bottle of Soave which I'm told was quite nice. I was drinking Czech Bresnak beer so I can't comment (24 x 0.5 litre bottles for 10 Euros) - a much better beer than Staropramen (which is even cheaper)!!

Couldnae catch that bird, Pete. She flew! So I settled for a fotie of the life guard station.

BW400CN-002.jpg

Voigtlander Bessa. Kodak BW400CN film (expired) cross processed in Rodinal 1:100.

Back