New Canon cameras & lens posted today

Andy Boardman

Trade Member: Bob Rigby Photographic
Thought this might be of interest to some here.Can not get the piccies off our Email but sure they will be on their site.
Regards
Andy

EOS 100D - A DSLR you’ll never want to leave behind.
The EOS 100D is the smallest and lightest DSLR ever made making it small enough to take
everywhere. 25% smaller than the EOS 650D, The incredibly lightweight and compact body also
features a bright Optical Viewfinder – giving users the full, responsive experience of a DSLR in a
compact form. The EOS 100D also features a large 7.7cm (3.0”) ClearView II Capacitive Touch
screen – making it easy to adjust settings and instantly review shots after capture.
At the EOS 100D’s heart is a new 18 MP APS-C Hybrid CMOS AF II Sensor, which combines with
the power of the DIGIC 5 image processor to deliver stunning results in virtually any situation.
Capable of shooting at speeds of up to 4fps, the EOS 100D makes it easy for beginners to capture
a range of high quality images, be it of special moments with family and friends or fast-paced
action on holiday.
• A DSLR small and light enough to go everywhere
• Large detailed images from an 18-megapixel sensor
• Easy to use touch screen with built-in Feature Guide
• Shoot Full-HD video (1080p) with continuous AF
• Be inspired with Creative filters

EOS 700D - let your creativity grow
The EOS 700D is powered by a Canon-designed and manufactured 18.0MP APS-C Hybrid CMOS
sensor and DIGIC 5 image processor, which deliver outstanding levels of resolution. Offering up
to 5fps shooting, the EOS 700D is ideal for capturing a range of subjects, from fast paced action
to stunning skylines, or beautiful portraits of family and friends. Additionally with a native 100-
12,800 ISO range, the EOS 700D is capable of catching remarkable levels of detail even when
shooting in tricky low light conditions.
The EOS 700D’s advanced AF System consists of 9 high performance, cross-type points spread
across the frame, delivering greater focussing speed and. With the option to manually select and
adjust focus points, or simply use full automatic mode, the EOS 700D provides aspiring
photographers with an easy way to explore different kinds of image composition as their
confidence grows.

• Detailed 18 megapixel photos and Full-HD movies
• Explore new shooting angles with Vari-angle touch screen
• Capture fast action with 9-point AF and 5 fps shooting
• Great results in low light with ISO 1280
• Preview and shoot with range of Creative filters

EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM – For everyday photos and video
The new EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM is the perfect lens for EOS 700D and EOS 100D users to
start their photography adventure. From sweeping landscapes to portraits, the versatile 18-
55mm zoom range means users can enjoy the flexibility of getting close to subjects or getting
more in the shot. The near-silent STM technology also ensures noise is kept to a minimum whilst
focusing – perfect for when capturing movies.

• Four-stop optical Image Stabilizer
• Smooth focusing with STM motor
• 0.25m closest focusing distance
• Non-rotating front element
• Manual focus ring
• Circular seven-bladed aperture

Last edited:
Ahhh, Canon trying to stem the tide of people moving to compact mirror-less systems, whilst not killing their EF lens cash cow...

Not impressed - but I understand why they are pushing this solution

If I buy one of those small EOS cameras my lenses will be bigger and heavier than the camera. A camera lighter than my 5D MKII would be nice on some of the backpacking trips I do or when traveling. But image quality would have to be really good before it would be worth it for me to go for it.

If I buy one of those small EOS cameras my lenses will be bigger and heavier than the camera. A camera lighter than my 5D MKII would be nice on some of the backpacking trips I do or when traveling. But image quality would have to be really good before it would be worth it for me to go for it.

Sounds like a job for the Canon 6D for you then, smaller & lighter with more or less the same pixels but in a compact body plus WiFi built in to boot should you ever need it.

Back