New Fuji Firmware just hit the servers today

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
Significant firmware upgrades from Fuji today, to provide further AF improvements and focus peaking .

fujifirmware.jpg

The firmware update Ver.3.00 from Ver.2.05 incorporates the following issue

1.Improvement of AF speed on most existing XF lenses.

The updated algorithm will enable AF speed to become faster with the following XF lenses:

• XF14mmF2.8 R
  • XF18mmF2 R
  • XF35mmF1.4 R
  • XF60mmF2.4 R Macro
  • XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS

<Note>
To enjoy this improvement, firmware upgrade of those XF lenses are also required.

Lens Firmware

2."Focus Peak Highlight" function for manual focusing is added.
The function, which features on FUJIFILM X100S and X20, is added and assists accurate and sensitive manual focusing by enhancing the outline of your subject in high contrast.

3.Improvement of the method to switch magnification during manual focusing.
Press the "Command dial" to activate image magnification during manual focusing and then turning the dial in either right or left direction will enable you to alternate the magnification of 3 times and 10 times.

4.Improvement of focus accuracy in various scenes.
The focus detection algorithm is improved to provide more accurate focus for low contrast subjects and scenes containing horizontal stripes.

Firmware for X-Pro1 | Fujifilm Global

On the "to do" list for today. I love how Fuji continually improves already great cameras. I bought them new "as is" and was very happy with them. Each firmware upgrade is like a much appreciated present.

If you're a glass half full guy - it's just fantastic product development and ongoing support

If you're a glass half empty guy (aka a DPReview-er) - Fuji should have got it right from the get go, and given it you for free, and given you 12 virgins and a new car...etc etc

I'm with you Larry - I was happy day one, and each release just makes me happier :)

If you're a glass half full guy - it's just fantastic product development and ongoing support

If you're a glass half empty guy (aka a DPReview-er) - Fuji should have got it right from the get go, and given it you for free, and given you 12 virgins and a new car...etc etc

I'm with you Larry - I was happy day one, and each release just makes me happier :)

But Chris it's so much more fun being a "glass half empty" kinda guy. Then you can grouse ad infinitum about why you can't take pictures because of the camera. It kind of takes photography out of the photography equation. Much less work, while admittedly it is more typing.

I just updated everything. I'm not the scientific type, but I would say I definitely notice real improvement with the 35, 60, and 18-55. I cannot imagine myself being happier with with Fuji and their cameras/lenses. There is just something incredibly fun/inspiring about using the X Pro and X100 that I never experienced with a DSLR.

However, I'm still waiting on that free car and my all expense paid trip to Tahiti with Diane Lane. You think I should maybe give them a call? I'm sure they just forgot and the expense voucher is on one of the accountant's desks waiting for an approval signature...... :D

i bought the fuji because i liked it as it was. it's pretty stupid to buy something you don't like on the promise of future features. but kudos to fuji for continually bettering their products. i'll have to upgrade my firmware when i get home.

I just updated everything. I'm not the scientific type, but I would say I definitely notice real improvement with the 35, 60, and 18-55. I cannot imagine myself being happier with with Fuji and their cameras/lenses. There is just something incredibly fun/inspiring about using the X Pro and X100 that I never experienced with a DSLR. .

Pretty much the same experience for me. The 60 is especially noticeable.

All done here - no drama - so far I can see they've changed the algorithm by the way the lens acquires focus, and it's faster.

If you're a glass half empty guy (aka a DPReview-er) - Fuji should have got it right from the get go, and given it you for free, and given you 12 virgins and a new car...etc etc :)

The virgins ARE available, but on request. Just realize they are all nuns in their 70s and 80s. Keep your expectations reasonable under the circumstances. They come with no firmware capability.

:D

so after two crazy nights at work i finally get around to updating the firmware on the camera.

the x-pro 1 firmware wasn't available, they had this message:
Thank you very much for using FUJIFILM X-Pro1.
We are very sorry that we have found a malfunction on the movie function in the upgraded firmware version 3.00 posted on 23 Jul 2013. We are improving the firmware and we will post it again once we complete the improvement.
We deeply apologize for your inconvenience which this may cause.

<Notice>
Please contact your local support center if you have already upgraded your X-Pro1 with the version 3.00.

Firmware for X-Pro1 | Fujifilm Global

Apparently there have been some issues with video on the X-Pro1 running v3.0.
Very annoying as now I have to find my local support centre to get it sorted, anyone know where the uk support centres are??

Update Email from Fuji:

Thank you for contacting Fujifilm UK.

We confirm that there is a problem with the latest firmware (ver. 3.0) for the X-Pro 1. We have found that there is a malfunction with movie recordings after the new firmware is installed.

Fujifilm in Japan are working on a revised Firmware update and this will be available on the Global website within a few days. Please keep an eye on the website daily for the new firmware.

Please carry on using your camera for taking still pictures but we do not recommend using the move mode.

We apologise for this inconvenience.

3.01 now installed. No big thing, unless one is a movie maker. If one is, then one is probably not using a Fuji. In any case, focus seems much more responsive, and I was able to focus accurately in remarkably little light. While releasing a version of any software with a major bug is an embarrassment, it is truly a frequent occurrence.

Back