Nice to meet you, I'm Gianluca from Italy

Gianluca Drago

Thanks for letting me join this forum. I feel obliged to introduce myself briefly. I'm not a professional photographer, but I'm not an amateur either given my age. Today I go around with a compact camera in my backpack, a four-thirds one because that's all I need for the objectives I've set myself, which at the moment are to document the state of the artistic works of the Twentieth century that still barely survive in the streets and squares of my hometown.
I take the photos in digital RAW, develop them in Darktable and publish them on a static, anti-social site which I hope will be useful so that my fellow citizens realize that they have an artistic heritage to be known and protected.

That's all.

Thank you for the heads up. I got a taste of his work in the morning today and I'm willing to dig deeper.
Best regards.
Gianluca

Welcome to RPF, Gianluca. That sounds a very worthwhile activity and I'm looking forward to seeing you work and being inspired.

@Pete Askew thank you for your warm welcome. I'm not an real photographer and I'm not sure I could post anything interesting here, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to know this interesting site and forum. For me it's gold.

Well although you may claim not to be a real photographer I think the images you have shared prove that you most certainly are! And anyway the name of the forum derives from the fact that one must use one's real name to be involved in RPF. The original founder, Hamish Gill, wanted to create a forum that lacked the conflict that seems so often to accompany action of forums where people 'hide' behind an anonymous 'handle'. I think he has been prove right!

Welcome Gianluca! Just so you know: you are no longer "the new guy" :)

Back