F/S Nikon F5 with SB-23 Speedlight

Shaun Haselden

I have for sale a Nikon F5 camera body complete with a Nikon SB-23 Speedlight. The camera and flash are in near mint condition with no obvious scratches or marks. This is a classic Nikon that would easily suit a student getting into silver based photography which is a solid aluminium/magnesium bodied camera with a titanium pentaprism.

I am looking for £250 ovno and I will cover the courier within the UK.

Very best wishes as always

Shaun H

Hi Shaun ... good luck with the sale!
Been considering an f6 just lately... ... If the 5 wasnt so big id be sorely tempted!

- - - Updated - - -

DO you have any pictures of it?

NikonF5ForSale.jpg

Just decided to post a pic of the camera and let you know that it includes the body cap and it is now £200 including courier within the UK.

It's the size and weight ...
Im erring toward an f100 at the mo ...

Nikon F100, horrible polycarbonate nastiness. No magnesium aluminium alloy and no titanium.

It's mostly made of mag alloy Shaun ... I'd give you a link to the brochure, but them forum is playing up and won't let me post it!

It's mostly made of mag alloy Shaun ... I'd give you a link to the brochure, but them forum is playing up and won't let me post it!

You don't need to Hamish as I owned one during 2009 and it is extremely flimsy when compared to the F5. The F5 has automatic and manual rewind of film whereas the F100 does not and the outer skin of the F5 is largely titanium wheareas the F100 is polycarbonate. The F100 is clearly a hobby camera but I can assure you that the F5 is not.

I'm pretty sure I know the difference, I've used a f100, all be it briefly, and the old d3 is the same deal as the f5 really ...
my work camera is a d800 now which is more f100 sized ... Whilst I miss the d3 for they way it just 'worked' the d800 size and weight suits me better!
i guess on mans flimsy is another mans lightweight and agile(?)

I can see why you were attracted by an F6 now. Without its battery grip it is much more like a D800 etc in heft. As you know, I like the extra lumpiness of a D3 etc over a D700/800. But then, as you also suspect, I seem struggle with fiddly little things like the RX100! ;)

Last edited:
Camera and flash sold to a guy in Italy.

Back