Critique Welcomed North Park Christmas

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
Just east of downtown San Diego, is the community of North Park.

They have a really nice city sign, which gets an extra Christmas wreath at this time of year

11594955424_18f6a07923_b.jpg

X-Pro1 and 23mm Lens

And yes, I did risk life and limb to take the photo! ;)

Great shot! I haven't been in North Park in many moons. Always run past it on the 805, just don't take the time to stop...

I trust South Park is nearby? :)

Great shot! I haven't been in North Park in many moons. Always run past it on the 805, just don't take the time to stop...
Thanks - you local to SoCal then?

Excellent shot, Chris! The shape of that sign would work well for "Santa's Village.":)
Thanks Brian :)

I trust South Park is nearby? :)
How did you know! :D

nice, but after seeing the b&w version i prefer the b&w.
Thanks Beth

Here's the B&W version Beth mentioned

11596374954_bc6b8afed2_b.jpg

Oh! The B&W looks awesome! Really love the sharpness and colors of the color photo but this B&W is really nice...love it!

I was born on Coronado Island and grew up in Chula Vista. Left when I was 21 after I joined the USAF. My parents currently live in La Mesa. Do my best to visit at least once a year. Such a great town, miss it dearly!

I have to agree that the B&W is a much more interesting photograph to me.

You should take a picture of that with a wider lens Chris! :rolleyes:

Nice. :) But I think the B&W version would work better with a lighter gradient in the sky as the separation has been lost I find.
Wider lens you say - now where would I find such an animal? ;)

Agree on the sky/sign separation - thinking I might solve this by using a different color filter at conversion to make the green sign lighter and the sky dark.

Back