Critique Welcomed OC Great Park

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
The City of Irvine CA is transforming an old military airfield into a 'Great Park' - with sports facilities, nature walks, golf course etc. It will be the premier recreational facility in California when it's completed.

The ground breaking was this week - quite the event

All shots Fuji X-T1 and 23mm Lens

15501474111_9567d0d7b5_b.jpg

Shadow Play

15481479866_31da52110c_b.jpg

DJ

15501475051_19640a942f_b.jpg

Sound Check

15317902780_8aa798a4db_b.jpg

Main Stage

15317903130_36948ca321_c.jpg

Watching the Show

I like the orange sunset with the orange balloons in Orange County in the DJ shot. I was wondering what they were going to do with El Toro.

Number one is just too darn good. Really...it makes my teeth hurt. I love it. If I saw that in a gallery...the check book would be out and a blank one handed to you. (Well that last part was an little over the top...but...)

I like the orange sunset with the orange balloons in Orange County in the DJ shot. I was wondering what they were going to do with El Toro.
Thanks Aaron - there was a subtle orange theme actually - did you pick up on it at all? :D

Number one is just too darn good. Really...it makes my teeth hurt. I love it. If I saw that in a gallery...the check book would be out and a blank one handed to you. (Well that last part was an little over the top...but...)
Thanks Glenn - I'll PM you my Paypal details! :D

I have a few shots I'd like you to take a look at Glenn!:rolleyes:

Nice set, Chris. I like the last one a lot, the way the lady 2nd from right is gazing into space, and I like the streamers in the 2nd to last shot. Were you there on an official capacity?

neat way to make use of an old airstrip. personally i'd rather see a top gear style race track, but i guess a park would do too. ;) fantastic light in the last.
Beth! Thanks :)

It was a racetrack for years - took some pics out there a year or two ago - loads of fun!

8061387970_84a22d66a5_c.jpg