old fishing boat

Beth Carter

after this week's series of unfortunate events that took place on the island of misfit toys (that's what everyone calls where i work, we even have a charli in the box), i finally took my monday off on friday. and i even managed to take photos. i took something to shoot with and a camera too and made my way out to the not exactly law abiding bay.

it was a snow day so most of the hobos were at the emergency shelters and i had the place mostly to myself. i found this old fishing boat that had been left to rot. no further info on the boat itself, but it looks like it was legitimately for fishing. at the very least they took the effort to leave some fishing gear on the boat.

fuji 50r & 32-64mm
46528655254_bb83970447_o.jpg

32307313447_df9c806d66_o.jpg

Fine shots, Beth. I'd be very proud of that first one, especially.

I awoke from an afternoon nap just three or four minutes ago, and your first paragraph really confused me!

PS. It still confuses me! o_O
my ops room is called the island of misfit toys because we don't belong to the group who's work we usually end up getting involved with (police). i was called in on my only day off this week, monday. long story short i was called in because a police officer was injured responding to something that falls under us. if my normally scheduled day off was interrupted then i usually get the next day off - unless something happens. that finally happened yesterday, which was friday, it was one thing after another this week. a kidnapping from out of state turning into a homicide on our roads, people driving into the cops on purpose, some really crazy full moon stuff but it wasn't a full moon. friday was a snow day. i should have been at work, but they let me have off since i was on day 10 of working without a day off and i'm working the next 6 days.

Oh my word. Classic, timeless images. I absolutely love images of derelict boats.

NICE!!! Did you just get the 32-64? I got the 63 and 45. Basically you got the 45 free with there package deal from B&H. I am sort of wishing I went for the zoom and waited for the pancake. Oh well.

NICE!!! Did you just get the 32-64? I got the 63 and 45. Basically you got the 45 free with there package deal from B&H. I am sort of wishing I went for the zoom and waited for the pancake. Oh well.

i picked up the 32-64mm. amazon didn't have any decent bundles and everyone else was sold out when i decided to buy. how do you like yours so far? i love mine, just need more time off to actually use it.

Back