Old Locomotive Works, Babelsberg.

I have been meaning to take a picture of this building for years. This is by far not the definitive one and I really must create a proper one at some point - maybe at night when the lights in the tower are lit.

This is part of the old locomotive works. It is now offices and a 'pension' and, yes, the top of the stack does indeed lean / curve to the left! This is such a familiar sight as we walk through there every few days on the way to the supermarket, DIY store, DVD hire shop etc. The garage block associated with it and where the hoarding is mounted, and featured in another recent post (The Returnist), is just to the right, as is the sports hall / snooker hall / bowling alley (not 10-pin) where the second of the shots was taken (and next to where the caravan was / is still parked).

LocoWorks-1_zps5312cd4c.jpg

Sony RX100. PP in LR / PS / Nik SilverFX Pro 2.

Link : http://www.realphotographersforum.com/forum/threads/the-returnist.14602/

Good work with an impressive camera, Pete. Nice connection between all the verticals - some hidden play going on there when you are not looking...

Glad you pointed out the curved smokestack, Pete. I could have been gazing at this going,..."something ain't right" for a long time.

Its a nice line from the upper left along the roof, then dropping the eye down to the fence then the path via the three verticals (tower, smokestack and tree).

Nice Pete and I see that you are staring to come round to the Sony! My favourite (what I find most useful) things about it are the horizon and level indicators and the shadow and highlight clipping indicators, they are very accurate.

Back