Old Shots Theme

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
We've been fortunate to have a few new members this last month who have shared some of their old shots with us, and I thank them heartily for that. It just makes me wonder about what shots the more seasoned contributors here have in their computer's memory banks, or old photos which need scanned.

We usually just see new or recent images, which is fine, but I bet there are some grand old shots worth sharing. Unfortunately I don't have any older than when I first joined this forum two years ago, which is a shame, but I bet many of you do.

Any takers? They could be ones you thought turned out well, or which you can now smile about. Fashions change, equipment changes, experience grows. Someone once wrote that you do all your best, most creative shots, in your first year. Did that happen with you?

Etc :)

Here are few old film shots I took waaaaay back in 2005 with a Nikon FG20.

Cornwall

4085766335_5db3b83aae_o.jpg

4085738779_51a53e00e7_o.jpg

4085738197_31a550f810_o.jpg

Last edited:
2009 isn't so long ago :) I like these, Dave. Lots of detail in the first, good comp in the second, and detail and good comp in the third...

Just checked - 2009 didn't sound right - that's when I uploaded them to FlickR. Taken in 2005.

no context really, A mate of mine asked for a shot, i done it and then edited it how i felt ... dated around 2009

Now that is good. But I'm confused. Isn't a person?! ;)

I believe it may be.... I was always a landscape tog ya know lol. I actually have no objection to people, provided they do what i tell them ... it's my shot, not theirs

This is the oldest shot I have in my Photobucket. Taken in January 2004. The Langdale Pikes.

I think this was taken on a 3mp Fuji S602z.

langdales.jpg

Here's a couple of oldish images (scanned prints) from Photobucket. They have been shown before I think though.

WaltzerLinks.jpg~original

Waltzer_Links_2.jpg~original

Shot using a Mamiya 7 with a 65mm lens (by the look), probably wide open and on Ilford Delta 400. It would have been processed in ID11 and printed on Ilford MGIV Glossy paper and toned.

Back