Old-timer

Sadly the end results were a tad disappointing. I know my focus guestimates aren't always what they coould be, but the focus on this unit is some way off, focussing closer than it should. These two are probably the only useable frames from the roll. I need to check it out. Once the focus is fixed, I think the camera may well produce some pleasing images.
I think so, too. The foreground looks pleasingly sharp in both pictures.

Thanks folks. Indeed, bits that are roughly in focus do look quite sharp. I’m hoping I can adjust the focus by repositioning the scale ring around the front element. The bokeh in these images is also quite pleasing so I think it’ll be worth pursuing at some point.

Well at least the mis-focus worked to your favour in the first and I like that only the fore/mid ground is focussed. Nice rendering though if you can adjust / adapt the focus.
I’ve managed to find a tiny watchmaker’s screwdriver which (with a little additional width reduction) should enable me to loosen the focus scale ring, so fingers crossed 🤞

Looking at the shot of the trees, I’m fairly optimistic that shooting at 1/75th of a second will probably be ok as an alternative to it’s only other handhold-able speed of 1/200th, there doesn’t seem to be too much shake. I wasn’t sure to start with but I’ll probably get away with it ☺️

Gosh, the condition of the camera and lens is superb, and the quality of the images is as good as a new camera. My old Goerz 6x9 - mechanically excellent but - look like a dog and the lens is full of ... I must give it a try now! Thanks for the challenging post!

Cheers @Geoff Chaplin. The lens remarkably clean for it’s age although there’s possibly a small spot of fungus inside the lens on, I think, the front surface of the rear element. I’ve not properly checked it out as yet. I might try and get in and clean it at some point. I’m looking forward to putting another roll through it.
Hope all goes well with the Goerz. I look forward to seeing some piccies.

Last edited:
Back