Critique Welcomed On Top Of The World

Brian Moore

We had hiked from sea level. Here my daughter Meg is taking a picture of my other daughter Caitlin and her husband. The dog is Bailey, my brother-in law's labrador who was absolutely infatuated with Meg and wouldn't keep his eyes off her wherever she went (as "gash and faithfu tyke as ever lap or sheugh a dyke").

Applecross, Scotland. The isle of Skye across the water.

Canon P with Canon 35/1.8 and Kodak Ektar 100 film.

A Bailey knows what makes a good fotie, so positioned himself perfectly for a nice triangle with the humans. Very nice shot. Looks like a great day out. Were you pechin up the hill in last position?

What struck me first was that wonderful composition and I thought, "Wow, Brian has positioned himself perfectly to achieve that", but then I read Rob's comments and your confession and realised that, as so often with your work, there was an artful canine intervention at play.

Still, a stunning shot it made anyway! ;)

What struck me first was that wonderful composition and I thought, "Wow, Brian has positioned himself perfectly to achieve that", but then I read Rob's comments and your confession and realised that, as so often with your work, there was an artful canine intervention at play.

Still, a stunning shot it made anyway! ;)
I've gone to the dogs once again, Pete. ;)

Back