Organising Woes

Lesley Jones

Otherwise know as Zooey
This is the very last tweak before I can resume scanning, but I seem to have hit a major problem. Before I moved to CS5, I used Elements 6.0 and the Organizer. You had to import files to the latter, but at least you could manually enter the date and time. When I scanned my entire Peru/Chile/Bolivia trip for example, I didn't bother about the time, but just "guesstimated" the date and used the same one throughout. Because I imported in the same order as the trip, the images stayed in the correct order.

Since moving to Bridge, it only sorts the dates, so all the images from that trip have been shuffled. Never mind I thought - I know how to change the date in File Info and indeed I can, but the earlier date seems to have been "hard wired" into the Exif data and can't be changed. [banghead]

I've just opened up the Organizer again and had to import all the images from one folder to test. I also had to import the keywords in case they got lost. I've changed the date of one image and that has fed through to Bridge. So, maybe problem sorted, but is there a way to do this without fiddling around as much? I'm wondering what will happen with the new scanning as well and if I can get it right first time...

Back