Ortho

Thanks, Wes. I need/want to play with it more to get a more balanced set of negs regarding exposure/development as mentioned. I like the old fashioned look that it can give to some images, something that appeals to me and I’d like to explore more. Apparently the film The Lighthouse was shot in this way (although with pan film filtered to give the ortho look as far as I understand). I loved the look of this movie, the cinematography’s wonderful and very fitting (to my mind).
My humble opinion on the shot of the tree: why do you frame it so close ? We can not see the tree in whole, it's too far to show the wood and too close to make a landscape.

Don't hesitate to give some air to your subject, to give a view of the surrounding. Not all subject should occupy your whole frame.

On the cemetery, I've the same comment, either you're too far or too close.

The bridge is a good shot, remove the cable who crosses your photograph.

@Stephane Tougard, that’s fine. Everyone sees things differently. As you say, it’s your humble opinion. Compositionally, I’m happy enough with them. The purpose of their posting is to (hopefully) illustrate some of the merits of Ilford’s excellent Ortho 80+ film, the actual subject of this thread.

Back