Critique Welcomed Out west

Ivar Dahl-Larsen

One day last week we decided to go over the mountains and out there into the west. Here are a few from that trip.
_DSF1839.jpg
over the mountain of Telemark, down into the valleys below.
July, 2016.jpg

_DSF1851.jpg

and up again till we stopped for the night as we climbed up to what we call a an alpine pasture where a cluster of farmhouses from 1702 met us. Quite a view.
_DSF1876.jpg
This is at midnight, last week.
As we arrived a young fellow came out and invited us in, to wine, live auditioned music, but no dance.
_DSF1868.jpg
a bunch of youngsters performed folk music and a great pleasure it was to listen in stumping my foot to thee rhythm.
_DSF1861.jpg

_DSF1870.jpg
Till we had to hit the sack. A wonderful evening high above sea level. Just thought I'd share it with you all.

Good set and a nice time by all it appears. I liked the stumping of the feet image I retrieved from your description without an image. It's always a good sign when music makes one stump.

Thank you people,. I appreciate this and what is photography if not sharing. This is a series I'll continue since the place is according to Norwegian history, quite unique.

Thanks for sharing Ivar. Shows us a slice of Norwegian life. I especially like the view of the lake past the old farmhouses.

Great set of picures, beautiful scenery. Really like the first one, gives me a desire to follow that road wherever it may lead.

Back