Ower Dean Brig On A Dreich Day

I like this fotie a lot, Rob. It is the very picture of dreich. However, the Foveon renders the details very well without looking over sharp.

Cheers, Brian. I think it would print well. There is always the option, in the digital darkroom, to render it more or less sharp, of course. But the info is there for you to use. I've taken this view with almost every camera I've owned, and I have to say this is the clearest. Of course, even a humble Holga could render this scene as atmospheric, yet the DP1M has both atmosphere and clarity for printing. A good combination.

Yes the detail is astonishing, especially when seeing the full size 84MB Tiff. Sometimes it does have its draw back as is, but I often slide the fill light to negative a wee bit to soften the image and regain more of the subtle light that can be achieved. Works very well with the B+W conversions in SSP as well.
Without sounding to pious as can be the case in the photography world and especially of those who use Foveon technology . I do now struggle to work on the 5DMK and Sony Nex and Olympus(sony sensor) files now. Or at least the nature of each is so very different.
Having said that I was asked to take a pic yesterday of people in a dark space, iso 800 1/30, I therefore needed the other camera to have not only the stabilisation but the high iso capabilities as well.

Nice photo Rob and I do recognise the scene well.

I am convinced, a DP1, xe1 with 35mm and the last xe1 with 55-200mm, that's it. now where's that Lotto coupon. Honestly, if it is that good, small enough and with an added viefinder, and cheaper than an 18mm xf, I'm probably doomed. Very good Rob.

People say the number of raw files per battery increases after the battery has been depleted and charged a number of times. I got 86 shots today on one battery. I have two batteries, and that is certainly enough for me. Because it gives a 35mm film-like experience, one or two "rolls" is enough.

It's a flexible camera. Pete apparently uses his for shaving (see his last post) but he is a pro, after all...

Back