Paint Me Won't You?

Brian Moore

RO91-10060minstand-010.jpg

A doorway in the Helme-Worthy Building in Huntington Beach. The Helme-Worthy Building is one of the oldest in the city, and functions today as an antique shop. Not only is it old but it's also old looking in the sense of being largely unrestored or refinished. It is a weather beaten old lady.

This doorway is embedded into a wall that is contiguous to the original building but the wall appears to be fairly new. Someone seems to have taken care to retain the old door, which I personally appreciate.

I shot this with a Rolleiflex and expired Fuji Pro 400H (a color film) which I cross-processed in Rodinal.

Thanks Pete. No,...that's not my shadow. It may be an artifact from a faulty processing regimen. (Like in other areas around the perimeter of the photo.)

How do you have any clue what sort of times to dev for ... Or is this that long stand technique ...
I must try some cross process

Interesting shot too!
We has a lot of doors cropping up a while back! We were talking about making a book of them...
It has since occured to me to do what Davie has done and make an e-book!

Thanks Hamish. When I don't know the dev time I dilute the Rodinal to 1:100 and use the 60 minute semi-stand. (Agitate at start then again at 30 mins.)

and that works every time does it?
I must get some of this rodinal stuff i think ...
I nearly cross processed a film today, but found another b&w one to fit into the tank!
It also occurred to me that it might not be wise to cross process a film in the same tank as a b&w film??? any thoughts on that!

Back