Peaceful

Beautiful, subtle colour palette. Did you do much in post, or was this more or less how the camera ‘saw’ it? The reason for asking is that most times when I shoot dramatic skies, I leave the 6D’s colour settings on auto. The results I get when running the files through Canon’s DPP raw converter often need very little, if anything, doing to give (to my eye) a very pleasing image. Seems like cheating a bit, sort of like “this is how Canon saw my sunset” or whatever. Still, as they say, if it ain’t broke…..

Beautiful, subtle colour palette. Did you do much in post, or was this more or less how the camera ‘saw’ it? The reason for asking is that most times when I shoot dramatic skies, I leave the 6D’s colour settings on auto. The results I get when running the files through Canon’s DPP raw converter often need very little, if anything, doing to give (to my eye) a very pleasing image. Seems like cheating a bit, sort of like “this is how Canon saw my sunset” or whatever. Still, as they say, if it ain’t broke…..
In camera A7Riii jpg, no adjustment in post. I exposed based on the mid sky reading without adjustment. Generally for both film and digital I prefer to do only minimal adjustment to what is recorded.

Back