Critique Required Pete keeps telling me my photos look like paintings so.....

Davie Hudson

newpicsfulll8.jpg

That's stunning mate!
Did you just happen upon that view/moment with the rain and sun?
Couldn't be better timed!!

Yeah we were pretty much on the last leg of the trip and the weather had opened up for us so lucky with the combination of things, I've had a few shots of this view but I think i like this one the most

So where is this ??
I wanna go :)
Really nice. I believe you ask for critique . The only thing I would
ask about is that the upper left seems a little hot. What would you
think of slightly reducing some of that region ?
Ron

it's overlooking Loch Garry in the Western Highlands of Scotland :)

It is a little hot yes and I left it hot deliberately to 'try' and create a bigger contrast between the sun coming in from the left and the rain on the right, maybe it is a little much but i'd look at that more closely when I come to print it

Damn thats one might not post now :D:D:D:D

It was a split second moment of joy Hamish. There was a bit of totty to the left which brought a smile to our faces too :D:D

post it, be interesting to see different pp's ... and oi !! i'm trying to be professional here and not mention the delightful young ladies

There are ladies? WE NEED PICTURES!! :D

That's a stunning painting errr photo Davie ;)

Top left looks ok on my screen, not overblown.

Perhaps a bit of lift on the foreground trees would be my only suggestion

There are ladies? WE NEED PICTURES!! :D

That's a stunning painting errr photo Davie ;)

Top left looks ok on my screen, not overblown.

Perhaps a bit of lift on the foreground trees would be my only suggestion

Funny you mention that Chris, I have versions both lighter and darker in the foreground :) I could be wrong but i think Allan took a sneaky one of the ladies :)

Stunning shot!!
be better with the ladies in it! :D:D:D

What can I say Davie. Superb addition to the gallery! :) The sky and middle distance are just wonderful. But overall I'd say it is perfectly balanced.

thank you Pete, I thought on this one i'd go all out to make it look like a painting, I think it worked ok and I'm looking forward to printing it

The size i haven't decided on yet but paper wise it would be (to start with) Innova fine Art (which is similar to Hahnemuele(?) Photo Rag , I think that would add to the look

Back