Critique Welcomed Phoenix

Hi Pete,

Where I am is safe at present. The extent of the fires and how they are spreading is a cause for concern. A couple of towns have been isolated. We live right next to a National Park so are ever watching and waiting. The air is a bit smokey in most places. The firefighters are doing an amazing job in extreme circumstances and have been for a couple of months. Fatigue is now a real issue for them. There is also some international help from the USA and Canada: some of those people have given up Christmas with their families to help our firefighters.

My Husbands son and wife live in Brisbane. We have been monitoring the fires closely. Terrible damage. Glad to hear our country has pitched in. The people of Australia are in our prayers.

As for the photo, Superb timing. Fireworks are not as easy as some might think. Kudos to you!

My cousin and his family had to flee the campsite they were holidaying at, and sadly had to leave horses behind. The death toll on animals, insects, etc, is beyond imagining. A tragedy.

That is a beautiful picture.

What is happening to the country is a tragedy, I greatly admire the courage and fortitude of the firefighters.

Thanks Dave.

The work of the Firies and all of the supporting services, Ambulance, Police, and the ADF, is outstanding. Help from USA and Canada, who have sent Firefighters over is also greatly appreciated.

We have several more weeks of peak bushfire season to go.

Back