Photos taken with . . . German point and shoot.

Dunga Gin

Minox 35 EL

cc875742.jpg

I have a 35gt, plasticy, fiddly to use, hard to find batteries, odd double crank wind on ... But still somehow wonderful little bits of kit... I have been after one of the more modern ones with higher iso compatability but I am yet to find one!

Hamish,

Re:Minox 35 EL, When the original 5.6v PX 27 became obsolete I bought one of the adapters which allows the use Two lithium 3v CR1/3N batteries, Okay 6v but these are far superior to the original and can be purchased as single CR1's or a PX28 and split.

Whitby swing bridge (before the malfunction):)

00277894.jpg

I think im still running on a px27 in mine... Can you give me some links to the bit I need and the batteries...
Does the higher voltage not effect the light meter?

Nice piccys btw, I shall have to dig out some 35gt shots... What film were yours taken with?

Hamish,

Re:Minox 35 EL, When the original 5.6v PX 27 became obsolete I bought one of the adapters which allows the use Two lithium 3v CR1/3N batteries, Okay 6v but these are far superior to the original and can be purchased as single CR1's or a PX28 and split.

Whitby swing bridge (before the malfunction):)

Nice capture. Yes, since the malfunction, it's not fulfilled either the swing or the bridge part of its title!

I think im still running on a px27 in mine... Can you give me some links to the bit I need and the batteries...
Does the higher voltage not effect the light meter?

Nice piccys btw, I shall have to dig out some 35gt shots... What film were yours taken with?

Sorry I don't have a link to the adaptor but have seen them on ebay in a non-working Minox's for a reasonable price.

The batteries which can split are PX28L (Mallory) or L544, if you have difficulting locating one drop me a pm and I'll send a Mallory PX28L dated 2017, post haste.

The film in the above pics is Fuji 400CN from 7DayShop.

Thank you for the offer, but you keep, I can get them through the shop, infact I think there are some in stock... How do you mean split...
Looking around, it sounds as though the adapter is a different screw in cap... Is that right? Aparently available from minox....

Re : Split, If you remove the outer cover from a PX28L (Lithium) inside there are Two CR1/3N batteries.

The adaptor that I purchased - must be very near two decades ago is a direct replacement for the original battery cap (exact same thread)

BTW, I have some Kodak TechPan (very sharp, contrasty, zero grain) B&W negatives taken with the Minox - if I can get my scanner working correctly I'll post some examples in the near future .

Ah, I see... At least now I know there is hope beyond my current px27

I'd like to see those photos... What scanner do you use, what's wrong with it?

Hamish, I can't delete photos when necessary, any reason why ?

These are low res photos which I may rescan and improve !

Minox EL - Kodak TechPan Acutol 1:20 21 degrees 10mins 40secs.

Scouts walking down from summer camp.
1)
be50485b.jpg

2) If you look to middle higher right maybe you can see the low flying ufo.:)
41387321.jpg

3)
2613b7d9.jpg

4) Durham Regatta.
5098e7ac.jpg

5)
3abab2dc.jpg

6) This is a zoom of the right middle part of the above photo - all Minox 35 EL and Kodak TechPan.
c29628e0.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if this sounds daft... Maybe it's just because I know they were taken on a minox.. But they look like minox photos... Or at least they look like the images I get from mine... Maybe it is just because I know they are?
That's why I asked what film you had used ... I recognised the "feel" of them... I doubt I would be able to pick a minox photo from somthing else but, do you know what I mean.. Or am I just being daft?
They is a very nice quality to these ones in particular, even low Rez and on my iPhone...
How do you mean you can't delete a photo?

Back