Photoshop update help!!! & Battery question.

Glen Roberts

I use Photoshop CS3 and just recently wipe my hard-drive and re-installed everything. When I tried to open my CR2 Raw files in photoshop it can't read the files. I know I need an updated driver to read the Raw files but I can't remember how to do it and where to put the downloaded file when I have it:confused:.

Also while I'm here; I've been using a Hahrnel Battery in my Canon 450D as well as the original Canon one. When ever one went flat I would put it on charge and use the other until that went flat then same again. Now the Hahnel one has been in the camera for ages before it went flat (because I haven't used the camera much lately:eek:) and when I changed it to the Canon one the Canon one was flat! I recharged the Canon battery first then put it n the camera, it's only been in a few days, when I turned the camera on it was dead:mad:. I put it in the charger the red charging light comes on for about 30 seconds and goes out, but for the Hahrnel battery it stays on red until fully charged then turns Green.
Do you think the Canon battery is knackered & how long do official batteries usually last???

ok i have done same as you here glen i reformated laptop, i use cs4 & i had to ask laurie as i forgot.

You need a file to donwload that will make the raw files show up in your folders on your computer just like Jpegs, you also need adobe camera raw the latest update available this will let the files open in photoshop.

you need camera raw for cs3 & DNG convertor .
( i going looking for links now but it aint easy so may be a while)

camera raw when you have it need to be place in
local disk c - program files - adobe - adobe cs3 - pulgins - file formats

Daz

Thanks Darren, I can now open the Raw files in CS3. But I still can't see the thumbnails in Adobe Bridge to see which shot I want to open.
Anyone know why this could be?

No the thumbnail pictures don't show up any where, just a CR2 pic if you know what I mean.
I don't think I had a DNG convertor last time I updated the Camera RAW file:confused:. I just put the Update file into the plugin file and the thumbnails showed in Adobe Bridge then I could just click the one I wanted to process :(.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm well i think that what i did a few weeks back glen, worth a try innit..........and it worked ........lol

Its so handy being able to view the files in folder rather than that raw file logo picture doofer.......lol

Daz

mmmmmmmmmmmmm well i think that what i did a few weeks back glen, worth a try innit..........and it worked ........lol

Its so handy being able to view the files in folder rather than that raw file logo picture doofer.......lol

Daz

With the DNG Convertor do you have to convert all your CR2 RAW files to DNG RAW files first or do they just show up automatically??

well i dont atcually use the dng convertor manually..........when thats installed i think the thumbnails just appear........!!

Back