Pickering war weekend 2006...

Shaun Haselden

An American GI being portrayed by a 1940's re-enactor during Pickering's then Wartime Weekend. Shot on film, scanned and 'shopped. Nikon F5 with Nikon 24-120mm VRG zoom. Kodak Elitechrome EBX 100. Big mistake on my part. I should have used Tri-X.

Attachments

• American GI re-enactor Pickering North Yorkshire England.jpg
    American GI re-enactor Pickering North Yorkshire England.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 4
And another street shot from the same kind of event. Pickering North Yorkshire's wartime weekend which was officially titled 'Pickering railway at war weekend' as it included the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, NYMR. This was one of the UK's best and most successful 40's events. A real shame it no longer happens. The entire town was transformed into a 1940's market town for the weekend.

Attachments

• Spontaneous Portrait 1940's Weekend Pickering 2006 War Weekend.jpg
    Spontaneous Portrait 1940's Weekend Pickering 2006 War Weekend.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 4
Two more fine portraits. I guess one of the nice things about getting the portraits of people at events like this is that, by virtue of their participation, they are undoubtedly open to having their photos taken. Perhaps for that reason it's less "street" photography and more akin to event photography. What do you think, Shaun?

Two more fine portraits. I guess one of the nice things about getting the portraits of people at events like this is that, by virtue of their participation, they are undoubtedly open to having their photos taken. Perhaps for that reason it's less "street" photography and more akin to event photography. What do you think, Shaun?
I agree Brian. I never take a shot without that person's permission so it is not strictly 'candid'. I just get them to stand and relax while I move around them noting things such as shadows/sun etc.

Back