Critique Welcomed American GI Re-enactor

Shaun Haselden

AmericanGI.jpg

This is a shot of an American GI re-enactor at Pickering war weekend during 2006. From 2005-2012 I lived in Pickering so got the chance to photograph allsorts of people during this event. I wouldn't have missed it for the World.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, it was shot using a Nikon F4E fitted with a Nikon 24-120mm VRG lens loaded with Kodak Elitechrome EBX100.

Very nice Shaun and the colour palette seems to have captured something of the period. One of the members of RPF, Tom, is very involved in re-enactment and we used to see a few shots from him and others. Maybe this will encourage him again. :)

YoungReenactoratPickering.jpg

Here is another image of a young female re-enactor in Pickering during 2008 shot using a Nikon D1X fitted with a Nikon 85mm f1.8 lens at around 100 ISO.

I rather like the two for differing reasons.....

The first has a grittier feel to it more of what i would expect from a 'War Correspondent' whereas the second has a more War Bonds type feel, perhaps pump up the red a tad more to give a Kodachrome feel and it would be spot on Her lips need more red I feel to attract the GI's :D

Back