Pickering Castle, North Yorkshire

Shaun Haselden

From 2005 until 2012 I lived in Pickering in the Ryedale area of North Yorkshire. As with many local towns, Pickering had an old Norman castle. I shot this on the 5th December 2008 using a Nikon D1X fitted with a Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 zoom. ISO was 400, shutter speed 1/350th of a second and f stop was 7.6. Shot in RAW and converted using Nikon's own software. Whilst I lived in Pickering I owned a shop with my then partner Janet that was an Interflora tied florist and fancy goods/home goods shop. As part of that I got to drive all over the region doing the daily deliveries. Our area would take us over to Helmsley, up to Goathland, down to Malton and over as far as a place called Wykeham. I was amazingly lucky to have this freedom with a camera constantly in the van. Nice times.

Attachments

• Pickering Castle 5th December 2008 RPF.jpg
    Pickering Castle 5th December 2008 RPF.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 15
Beautiful shot, Shaun! It will be amazing to sit here for hours and forget all the life problems! Thank you so much, Shaun, for sharing such a wonderful pic with us! :)

Hey you guys, thank you so much for your comments. It was a lovely time living there as it is such a really nice little market town.

Back