Critique Welcomed Portrait of a Crackhead

I am so please it didn't work properly. Mind, with Impossible film it might not have mattered!

Wonderfully enigmatic shot, Brian.
Thanks Pete.

True what you said about Impossible film (which I think has been re-named as "Polaroid Originals"). However, I think they've been working hard to stabilize their emulsions. Last week I saw the film "Time Zero." It's about the last year of the Polaroid company. It also gives some insight into the Impossible Project, but it was filmed before Impossible even knew if they'd continue beyond their first year in operation. (They gave themselves a year to work their plan; if no success after a year they're plan was to pack it in.) I saw the film through Amazon Prime Video here in the USA. Don't know how you'd see it in Europe.

I'll check it out, Brian. I'm actually quite a fan of their material and like the aesthetic. I still have quite a bit 10x8 stuff ina fridge, but I have a suspicion it will have had it. New55 was even better I think (but very different). They still make the Monobath dev. though.

Pete there's another very interesting film I saw on Amazon Prime Video a couple of weeks ago. It's called "Disfarmer: A Portrait of America." It's about portrait photographer Mike Disfarmer who worked out of a studio in a small Arkansas town and had a wonderful knack of capturing images of his clients that can fairly be described as atypical of conventional portrait photography.

That 10x8 stuff you bought wasn't inexpensive; might as well shoot with it and see what you get eh, Pete?

I've never tried the New55 Monobath but I did try Cinestill's Df96 Monobath. I think I went through a couple of bottles. I was intrigued by the convenience. It worked OK, but I ultimately went back to Rodinal. I think Cinestill has created a monobath developer for colour film now. I may check that out.

Thanks, Brian. I'll look that up too.

Yes, the 10x8 was pricey and the only reason I have not used it up is the huge amount of time it takes. I do now have a manual processor for it which means I can use it outside now. Come the warmer weather and I'll go back to it.

Thanks, Brian. I'll look that up too.

Yes, the 10x8 was pricey and the only reason I have not used it up is the huge amount of time it takes. I do now have a manual processor for it which means I can use it outside now. Come the warmer weather and I'll go back to it.
Looking forward to seeing what you get out it, Pete.

Back