Critique Welcomed Raining London

Jim Kuo

The man in the hat
DSCF1866.jpg

(Cropped a little on the top as per Pete's suggestion)

And finally a little sunshine in the afternoon...

Naruto! (A Japanese manga character whom I quite like)
DSCF1964.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Jim

Last edited:
yup they work for me, at first i thought the first to be a little dark........but i guess its adds to the atmosphere and moodyness of the shot.

Keep up these street photography around London............i for 1 defo enjoy looking at them

In fact i feel a visit coming VERY soon :)

Daz

Last edited:
Jim - lovely atmosphere and great observation in #1

Hope you don't mid, but the subject and the weather, just cried out for a B&W version

3a371648-b284-4247-82ec-1bcb4c86ce62-l

What do you think?

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Thanks Chris for the example of the B/W conversion. I think it's great to see examples that illustrate alternative interpretation of the same scene from other photographers. :)

Seeing the world though this particular glass panel, it naturally produced a muted and slight blurry effect which I wouldn't imagine of creating. So I was pleasantly surprised, and the photo was left pretty much as it was, except cropping and distortion correction.

Very nice Jim and I'd stay with the colour version myself. I'd be tempted to crop out the black at the top though. Like some of Brian's shots, this reminds me of the work of Saul Leiter. There's a retrospective of his work on tour at the moment - not sure when it is coming to London though.

Thanks Pete, it's a good point about the crop, now I've looked at it again, I wonder why I didn't crop the top black border out in the first :)

Back