Rebellion By The Sea

Wes Hall

Rebellion festival has once again taken over the Blackpool Winter Gardens and the town is awash with colour and personality.

Considering how socially conscious most punks are, there's a true feeling to me of camaraderie here with a forgotten holiday resort and it's kin.1000011137-01.jpeg1000011136-01.jpeg1000011135-01.jpeg1000011131-01.jpeg1000011133-01.jpeg1000011138-01.jpeg1000011132-01.jpeg

Thanks Brian, care to share a little insider tip on how you identified the bay city rollers types as although I recognise the band name, I don't recognise the dress sense 😁.

I never knew there was such a thing! Mind, an organised Punk reunion does seem a bit of an oxymoron! Anyway, get to see some people have retained their hairstyles etc (how for goodness sake?).

An intersting record of the event. Did you go to any concerts held? Were there even any aside from the chap outside the Winter Gardens?

I never knew there was such a thing! Mind, an organised Punk reunion does seem a bit of an oxymoron! Anyway, get to see some people have retained their hairstyles etc (how for goodness sake?).

An intersting record of the event. Did you go to any concerts held? Were there even any aside from the chap outside the Winter Gardens?
Unfortunately not for seeing them play Pete, it was a sold out event- the punks have had to bend to the systems of money it seems like all of us.

No freebie gigs other than the sole guitarist either that day, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few were about. I'm going to have to remember for the next one and plan a trip out purposefully.

Nothing rebellious there. It felt rebellious back in 77, but on reflection wasn't at all. Just conformity to a different fashion.

Makes for fun photos, though!

Nothing rebellious there. It felt rebellious back in 77, but on reflection wasn't at all. Just conformity to a different fashion.

Makes for fun photos, though!
Ahhh Rob... I agree, it's much the same as all the alternative methods of social rebellion - seems to the participants an act of rebellion, but it's just another fun distraction to self identify, much as I did with being into alternative metal and pop-punk etc back at school. It's the fun of believing in the individual you; I get it still even if it's a cliché

Back