Red Kites

Darren Turner

XProPhotographer
yesterday i went to a Nant yr Arian Centre a red kite feeding center near near Aberyswyth
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/mid/sites/reserves/pages/nant_yr_arian.shtml

to say it was an amazingly scenic place is an understatement, the red kites are an utter bonus.

watching these wild birds circle above 30 mins prior is awesome then all of a sudden the attack the ground were they food has been scattered moments earlier.........to get so close to these birds is an amazing feeling & sight. Ducks, black birds all get chased away by them in around 10 minutes of complete feeding frenzie madness.

Batteries charger & fast 200mm lens attached i was reading to get some amazing photos........... I was in a hide on my own less that 20 meters away from the action i didn't know what to expect.

All i can say is 300 images it was a total disaster on the photography front......;);)
here are the best of the crop..........(embarrassingly)

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

Untitled-1-2.jpg

off to read up on the way to get better images for my return visit soon........!!

I've been to the Red Kite feeding place at Laureston in Scotland a few times and getting shots of them diving is a real struggle. Most of my shots are of them flying overhead:eek:.
But places like these, for me, it's not just the photography it's the spectacle of so many of those beautiful birds in one place AND so close:D:D

This is the best I've managed of one coming in to grab food;
RedKiteincoming.jpg

This is the best I have of one starting to dive.
RedKiteDive.jpg

Thanks for making my images look even worse glen............lol

mine aint blurred anyway i have used a slow shutter speed to show a sense of motion..........just like i wanted :D:D ...........!!

mine aint blurred anyway i have used a slow shutter speed to show a sense of motion..........just like i wanted :D:D ...........!!
I have hundreds of shots like that too... All intentional by the way;):eek: lol.

Back